Saturday, September 11, 2010

And in English Too

"'Course, I can't say I seen London, and I never been to France, and I ain't never seen no queen in her damn undies as the fella says. But I'll tell you what, after seeing Los Angeles and thisahere story I'm about to unfold--wal, I guess I seen somethin' ever bit as stupefyin' as ya'd see in any a those other places, and in English too, so I can die with a smile on my face without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me." --The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

So we've been in rural--hyper-rural--northern Romania for a week or so, and haven't seen a McDonald's or hardly anything in English for a while. Not that we miss it, exactly. But it was a comfort, sort of, to drive south a bit more and see English again, in the usual places.


















































No comments: