Thursday, July 16, 2015

14 Juillet And The Pont Du Normandie

We spent the 14th of July at the aire in Le Havre mostly, resting, reading, blogging. The evening's fireworks were held on the plage, a kilometer or so away, so we walked about half-way there and watched them in a nice harbor-side park with all the locals. The show started at 11PM. Fun to watch, although not Paris nor the Tour Eiffel. We'll always have Paris. 
Thus; I'll put a video on YouTube sometime
















Next morning, after the usual decampment routine, we drove
up the river through the rest of Le Havre, the port, to the
great Pont du Normandie, crossing the Seine, one of the world's
great bridges; above we are on the high fly-way leading to
the bridge; I always encourage Vicki to take pix on crossings
like this




















Approaching the bridge
















Ditto
















Climbing...our poor little 1.9 liter turbo diesel had to do it in
2nd gear

















I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...
















The Pont du Normandie from Honfleur; it is a "cable-stayed"
brdige, not a suspension bridge; highest such in Europe







2 comments:

Tawana said...

That bridge is magnificent. We have never driven across, but have photos from afar.

Tawana said...

Wes had me order a French flag to hang off our balcony for 14 Juillet (the French do not call it Bastille Day), then we managed to be in Arkansas on the 14th, so now we have a 3' x 5' French flag if you ever want to borrow it.