Monday, February 28, 2011

Pizza!

I had my last Greek meal at Paestum, sausage, stuffed grape leaves, olives, feta, the last of the Ouzo. I am ready for Italian food. More than ready. For lunch in Naples, we went to the Trianon, a favored pizza place. We're loving it.


Vicki had the sausage and mushroom, I had
the anchovy




















Marquee




















I have always believed that pizza crust is a basically non-
nutritive handle for eating pizza by the slice, as we
Americans tend to do; at Trianon, one eats it with a knife
and fork, thus leaving the crust intact; see illustration above


















Pizza artist at work; seriously, as simple as it was, this was
the most interesting pizza I have yet had; the crust was thin,
yet chewy, the flavors simple but wonderful

















A bit of the restaurant decor















Ditto















Real wood-fired oven...

No comments: