Monday, August 18, 2014

Au Revoir, Paris! Vive la France!

So Friday morning, July 31st, WECAB took us to CDG and Lufthansa flew us first to Munich, and then (next post), to San Francisco. Our eleven weeks in Paris were quite special, some of the most memorable of our six years now on the road. We plan to do similar longer-term rentals and stays in London, Rome, Vienna, Edinburgh, Barcelona.... But they may all have to wait until we have done Paris again! I will add some further thoughts on our visit here...the urban experience, food, transportation, culture, people, architecture, whatever...and Vicki certainly will post on the practical and other stuff at our website. But for now it's au revoir, abientot, merci, and vive la France!
We'll always have Paris

2 comments:

Mel u said...

I just completed Emile Zola's grand Rougon Macquart Cycle. 20 novels set in the second empire.

Mark said...

Well, I read De Botton's little book on Proust but decided my life did not need changing all that much. I always admired Zola and read something by him in high school, and visited his tomb and haunts in Paris, but I don't think I'm going to get to anything else, at least in the nearer future. Oh well. How are things otherwise?