Monday, September 7, 2009

Mortonhall

From Holy Island we drove north along the coast, into Scotland, making our way eventually to Edinburgh and the Mortonhall Holiday Park, our home for the next several days.

 A Highland bovine in the Mortonhall complex; this is what a hippie longhorn 
would look like


Mortonhall was a large baronal or ducal (or whatever) estate in years past; now 
it is a holiday park, holiday homes, condos, a golf course, tennis, restaurant, lounge, 
farm, and, yes, a crematorium; diversification is everything these days.


Tenting out of a Porsche; I love the style; Vicki and I did it in the   80s out of my
beloved 911SC; I still relish a moment in Colorado when, the battery dead, she 
actually pushed the monster to start it, while I sat in the driver's seat, laughing 
hysterically; she was afraid of it; with good reason;  but I now prefer our current 
rig; when camping
One sees all manner of rigs; this world-traveler is from Switzerland

No comments: