Thursday, January 23, 2020

Ao Nang Night Market

The Ao Nang city mothers and fathers have done a smart thing, providing a great space and facility for a night market, seating for hundreds, bar service and entertainment. It provides a clean and well-lit environment for the more squeamish among us to try Thai street food; and to be assured that what we're eating hasn't been sitting out on the cart all day. Anyhow, Vicki led the way, not so much by example, and I enjoyed the market so much as to eat there a second night.

In the future I think I'll stick with the pina coladas

Speaking of sticks, Vlad the Impaler would have loved Thai street food




"Jujube"? Not in a box? Yes, also called Chinese date; traveling is so broadening



Sushi district

The really tempting stuff; 30 baht=$1US; prepared before your eyes


First night I finally opted for the shrimp and seaweed and cucumber; second night,
shrimp satay; I really like shrimp, especially when someone else peels, de-veins, etc.






Forbidden fruit; little did I know I'd be eating it in a few days in Singapore

"Mackerel from Norway"


Super place; actually the food hall is down the way, beyond the pointy things

No comments: