Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Asheville and The Biltmore, 1, By Guest Blogger Penelope

On November 26-28, my grandmother, my mom, and I went to Asheville and the Biltmore. The Biltmore is a 19th century home that belonged to the Vanderbilt family before being turned into a museum by descendants. Biltmore is famous for its beautiful Christmas decor during the holiday season, and we came for the nighttime Candlelight Tour, when the house is lit only by hundreds of Christmas lights and candles. 

Having an old-fashioned strawberry soda with Grandma

 Grandma, my mom, and I on the terrace overlooking Biltmore

Inside the expansive greenhouse in the gardens

Inside one of Biltmore's hotels, a gingerbread, chocolate, and candy
replica of the Great Hall's dining table

Another view of the gingerbread dining table

My favorite room in the whole house, the Great Hall

A gingerbread replica of Biltmore inside the kitchens

Another view of my favorite room, the Great Hall

A sitting room for guests

Grandma, my mom, and I having lunch at the Stables restaurant, which is actually in the stables!

Looking up at the roof of Stables

Beautiful flowers inside one of the greenhouses

  My mom and I in front of a poinsettia Christmas tree.

On the gingerbread table, everything is edible, even the rice paper
replica menus! 

Cedric, the much-loved mansion's former resident dog, represented
in cake form below the gingerbread table


No comments: