Monday, February 24, 2014

Kawarau Bridge, 2014

It's not a place you just drive by, even if you've seen it before. Rarely does a physical place so well manifest the nature of its people, the very soul, the raison d'etre, the whatever, of New Zealand, South Island, Otago, well, certain parts of Queenstown anyway. We had to go in, especially to see whether the gift shoppe had any clever new T-shirts or fridge magnets.
Old Kawarau Bridge, Birthplace of Bungy















The original launch site for AJ Hackett Bungy















Central hall of the reception/gift shoppe/museum/restaurant/multimedia
expo/wine tasting complex
















New T-shirt, predictable design; STAY TUNED: I have a great
video of a young woman jumping off a bridge, to be posted on my
YouTube channel someday soon when we get decent wifi
again

1 comment:

Tawana said...

I have no interest in ever bungy jumping. I did para sailing in Mexico and thought it was awesome, but don't think I have the nerve to jump off a bridge...besides, I have bad knees! My legs might break off at the knees!