Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Washington, DC

I have visited this town 30-40 times in my life, but still get
goose-bumps seeing the great national sights...







Ditto










Telling it like it is; at the Newseum with
Rachel











The Unabomber's cabin, at the Newseum,
a little Montana home touch











Rachel and Will check out the oysters at the seafood
market; Will shucked, expertly, while Rachel and I
fixed the traditional shellfish bouillebaise; perfect hosts,
they even had a bottle of Bombay waiting for me in the
freezer; Peter is the largest house-cat I have ever seen,
but gentle and very friendly

The Capitol Dome; it's been--what?--days since we have
seen an apotheosis, and so the apotheosis of George
Washington was a particularly welcome sight; seriously,
I have seen my share of museums, galleries, and visitor
centers in the past 18 months, but the new US Capitol
Visitor Center was particularly impressive; damn, I was proud...

No comments: