Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Ramblin' In Barcelona

About midway down the Rambla, we ran into
the Liceau, the Barcelona Opera



















Where they just happened to have been
doing Tristan und Isolde this week; the
only tickets remaining were 192 and 138
euros; so I decided to pass; a visit to
their book and CD/DVD store, the best
opera store I have ever seen, convinced
 me I could own all the Wagner DVDs I'd
ever want for 192 euros!


























Opera interior














The Rambla is lined with mimes of every
description; here's one talking to a "friend"




\















The Barcelona Columbus
monument; after the first
voyage, he arrived back here
to greet Ferdinand and
Isabella























"That-a-way" he seems to be saying


















The maritime museum, built from the medieval
ship-building structures























We finished up with an exceptionally mediocre tapas and a paella dinner. Paella, in my estimation, is one of those once-in-a-lifetime things.

No comments: